PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

Lori_Clapp
02-11-2008, 04:23 AM
In the rules, it says each entrant for competition can enter a maximum of four prints. Does that mean per case, or can you only enter one case?

Jackie_Haggerty
02-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Lori,

Would you stop asking these questions?! You must be a woman- reading into everything?! ;)

4 prints total for that competition- but I think you can pack them into 4 separate cases if you were really worried about them getting hurt. :D

You know I am just messin' with you, so I will now go back to my little corner of the internet. :D

Lori_Clapp
02-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Haha, thanks Jackie! I'm not worried about them getting damaged, I'm just thinking that if I enter a whole bunch, I have a better chance of doing well!

Linda_Gregory
02-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Yeah, one per case. the case manufacturers would love that!

For me, having unpacked my share...don't send in less than four in that case. wastes my time! :p

Don_Chick
02-11-2008, 12:25 PM
In the rules, it says each entrant for competition can enter a maximum of four prints. Does that mean per case, or can you only enter one case?

Are you gonna ask if they can be double sided next? :eek: :eek: :D

D._Craig_Flory
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Don Chick;130370]Are you gonna ask if they can be double sided next? /QUOTE]

Hey Don;

What a terrific idea !!! I'll be passing that idea along to our state president this morning at the PPAofPa meeting.:rolleyes:

Since you are in New England, you will appreciate this. Stewart and Susan Powers are our speakers. They complained yesterday how cold it is in Pennsylvania. :p Well, right now our temp is 9ºF and a wind chill of -4ºF !!! They may be wearing all the clothes they brought north. :D

Gotta go warm up my car and get to the meeting. This is a day I'll wish my Grand Prix had heated seats.

Michael_Gan
02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
It used to be that you could send your cases to any of the regions in the country. I'm not sure if you can do that anymore. But if so, you could conceivably send a mess load of cases all over the place and take your best sealed images for your loan judging in July.

Rick? Oh Rick?

Stewart_Schulze
02-11-2008, 04:25 PM
you can only seal in your own region
you could send to other regions just to see how they score.

Keith_A_Howe
02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
you can only seal in your own region
you could send to other regions just to see how they score.

Stewart is correct here. To make sure that is very clear, the only seals that count are those from your listed region in the year they are sealed. To clearify this even farther, if you entered and recieved a seal in 2006 at your region and did not send it in to the international judging till this year, 2008, the image will be treated as an unsealed image. It has to go through and be judged as deserving of a merit again before recieving the merit and then proceeding on to the loan panel for a chance at going into the loan collection and recieveing a second merit.

You can only enter 1 case per catagory. So you can enter 1(or a second case if you need to because of a album) case of up to 4 images in Portrait Open and 1 case with up to 4 images in EI in the same year but you can NOT enter more than 4 images in either catagory in one year. Please note that the regional judging for EI for everyone (no matter what region you are in) is at South East. So EI cases that you want to have a chance at a seal of approval (guarantees a merit if you send it on to the international judging that year) needs to go to South East.

If I confussed anyone with this contact me.
Keith

Don_Chick
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
To clarify this even farther, if you entered and received a seal in 2006 at your region and did not send it in to the international judging till this year, 2008, the image will be treated as an unsealed image.

Now who would forget to send a seal along to National the next year? That seems silly!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trying to see if she's listening, as I know someone who forgot to send one in... :eek:

Mark_Levesque
02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Hehehe. Meanie.

Marc_Benjamin
02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
...I'm just thinking that if I enter a whole bunch, I have a better chance of doing well! That's how the WPPI comp works.

Btw, can we just send the Seals in by themselves? I wonder how much fish do they need for the trip?

Rick_Massarini
02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Now who would forget to send a seal along to National the next year? That seems silly!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trying to see if she's listening, as I know someone who forgot to send one in... :eek:

New or relatively new people...
We had TWO people from Louisiana with sealed prints from Southwest last year who did not send them to National. One individual had one seal, the other person had three seals and did not send them to Daytona.