Jane_Lydick_Staid
02-08-2008, 01:19 AM
Excellent job

Auralee_Dallas
02-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Jeff, Those are just wonderful!

Mark_Katz
02-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Meh. They suck... me right into them! Nice job.

Love the images but not thrilled with the titles IMHO.

Andrea_Chapelo
02-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Jeff, these are 2 of my favorites that you posted. These and your chuch one.
I love them...and if you enter them I think I need to leave my case at home cause no way do I want anyone seeing mine after seeing yours!

JohnMalboeuf
02-08-2008, 01:41 AM
How close were you to the cougar? He looks hungry.

Great stuff.

John

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 01:44 AM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Crazymountainservices.jpg

Andrea_Chapelo
02-08-2008, 01:50 AM
There it is...I love this one!

Tiffany_Schmitt
02-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Here Kitty kitty kitty....WOW. Awesome.

Yeah, how close?

Tiff

Heather_L._Smith
02-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Jeff, NICE work... as we have come to expect! Very cool, and a wonderful departure from the "norm"

Mark_Levesque
02-08-2008, 02:30 AM
I know they said to flip Born to Run, but I liked it better the other way.

Oh, and didn't you forget the obligatory "hate my case"? Isn't that the incantation you use to bring home the hardware? ;) hehehe

Cindi_K_McDaniel
02-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Talk about WOW FACTOR! I think you have a couple real winners here!

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 02:36 AM

Oh, and didn't you forget the obligatory "hate my case"? Isn't that the incantation you use to bring home the hardware? ;) hehehe

hate my case part 2 will be started when I have selected my entries. Let's hope it had the same effect as last year!!

Linda_Gregory
02-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Jeff,

I'm far from any expert but these are fantastic. That said, I'd like to hear what others say about the tail on the cat. It's dark, not light but it sure does catch my eye in a bad way. I love, love LOVE the church but wonder what the judges will say about the white, white church. Blow out?

Lori_Clapp
02-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Well, as you know, I'm quite the expert at this, so I know you are on the edge of your seat waiting for my opinion - so here it is......

I agree with Linda - about the tail. I noticed it the first time you posted that, but ya' know, I'm not really qualified to question or critique someone of your caliber, so I kept my mouth shut (rare, I know). But that tail just jumps out at me, it's very, very distracting. Otherwise, it's awesome, but I also agree with Mark, I don't like the title. Can Holly help or is she saving the good titles for her hubby?

And I also agree with Mark Levesque - I like Born to run flipped back the other way - it bugs me - they look like they are running the wrong direction.

And I still LLLLLLLOVEEEEEE the church

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Excellent job
Thanks Jane!! Can't wait to see yours!!

Jeff, Those are just wonderful!

Thanks!!

Meh. They suck... me right into them! Nice job.
Love the images but not thrilled with the titles IMHO.
THanks Mark,
TItles are tricky. These are prelims!

Jeff, these are 2 of my favorites that you posted. These and your chuch one.
I love them...and if you enter them I think I need to leave my case at home cause no way do I want anyone seeing mine after seeing yours!
Ask you and shall recieve. You better bring a full case Girly!!! 5 prints!!!

How close were you to the cougar? He looks hungry.

Great stuff.

John

Hi John,
about 20 feet.

Here Kitty kitty kitty....WOW. Awesome.

Yeah, how close?

Tiff
Hi Tiffany,
Thanks!
About 20 feet!

Jeff, NICE work... as we have come to expect! Very cool, and a wonderful departure from the "norm"
Im Blushing!

Mark,
This was the way it was shot, so I am open to either, just playing with some different ideas. BTW as you know, revived the Hating my case thread!

Talk about WOW FACTOR! I think you have a couple real winners here!
Thanks Cindi!

Jeff,

I'm far from any expert but these are fantastic. That said, I'd like to hear what others say about the tail on the cat. It's dark, not light but it sure does catch my eye in a bad way. I love, love LOVE the church but wonder what the judges will say about the white, white church. Blow out?
Linda,
Thanks so much for your feedback. The tail has been discussed, and it will likely be addressed one way or another before printing. THe church on the other hand is not blown out, it might just look that way. The file has a lot of detail in the highlights.

Well, as you know, I'm quite the expert at this, so I know you are on the edge of your seat waiting for my opinion - so here it is......

I agree with Linda - about the tail. I noticed it the first time you posted that, but ya' know, I'm not really qualified to question or critique someone of your caliber, so I kept my mouth shut (rare, I know). But that tail just jumps out at me, it's very, very distracting. Otherwise, it's awesome, but I also agree with Mark, I don't like the title. Can Holly help or is she saving the good titles for her hubby?

And I also agree with Mark Levesque - I like Born to run flipped back the other way - it bugs me - they look like they are running the wrong direction.

And I still LLLLLLLOVEEEEEE the church

Thanks Lori,
I always want to hear opnions. Thanks for sharing yours!! I agree about some things, and will address them soon. I have not had more than 10 minutes to work all three of these up, and from small jpegs at that!! I might see some different files come out from these.

Thanks again!!

Feel free to give me your thoughts!! Please!!!
Jeff

Zack_Davis
02-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Jeff you forgot to put the theme song on the thread! :p

http://www.youtube.com/v/pv5zWaTEVkI&rel=1

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Jeff,

As I am looking at these images IMVHO If you had the couger's left paw on tip of the branch that is sticking up and Had thrown a little more light into his eyes, perhaps with a small flash, I think it would have been great. Also, what I am seeing here is the white on his face looks blown out, however if there is detail there, this one , again IMHO could possibly merit.

With Born to Run- I think you shoud take out the black horse (ya know he looks like he doesn;t belong there and again there is no detail in his neck or body. (Mybe you should have your Canon looked at?! The exposures are looking weak).

The Church depending on the title could do ok too. It is too bad that the mountains in the background are so flat and half covered by the fog! If you had been a little more patient, I am sure the picture could have been improved when the fog burned off and there was overhead sun hitting the mountains. But, depending on what you have to work with and who you have for judges this one could merit.

OK, SO I AM JUST JOKING!!! I THINK THESE ARE GREAT AND YOU WILL DO WELL (AS USUAL) IN COMPETITION THIS YEAR! (although, I heard a rumour that NH is cancelling their print comp so you will have to wait for PPANE:eek: :D

I do agree with Mark though, for some reason I do like the horses running the other way even though that isn't "correct". Just my preference.

See you soon! When are we doing lunch???

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Untitled-1-3.jpg

Mark_Katz
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Now your talking! This B&G image is gorgeous. I love how the light leads you to them. Lots of detail in the dress. Stunning. (Ya think I like it?)

Don_Chick
02-08-2008, 03:43 PM

I know who you are talking about here!!!! :cool:

Don_Chick
02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I do agree with Mark though, for some reason I do like the horses running the other way even though that isn't "correct". Just my preference.

I know who you are talking about here!!!! :cool:

Don_Chick
02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Jeff,

I like everything about the kitty image, except where you burned down the tip of his tail!

D._Craig_Flory
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi Jeff;

I like them all. One part of the kitty image bothers me. The curved branch, to the right, draws me away - and it even seems to have a halo around it emphasizing it even more.

Here in Pa. we have something called the 320 club. It is an award for those who get a score of at least 80 on all four images entered in our annual competition. That came to mind looking at your images.

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Don,

You do, but no one else does;) ! well, of course they do now.:)

Craig,

I like the curve of the branch. I think when you are reading the image from right to left it kind of swings you up and around and back into the main image over and over--- it doesn't let you leave!:eek: :D

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Jeff you forgot to put the theme song on the thread! :p

http://www.youtube.com/v/pv5zWaTEVkI&rel=1

Zack,
that is so awesome!!

Jeff,

As I am looking at these images IMVHO If you had the couger's left paw on tip of the branch that is sticking up and Had thrown a little more light into his eyes, perhaps with a small flash, I think it would have been great. Also, what I am seeing here is the white on his face looks blown out, however if there is detail there, this one , again IMHO could possibly merit.

With Born to Run- I think you shoud take out the black horse (ya know he looks like he doesn;t belong there and again there is no detail in his neck or body. (Mybe you should have your Canon looked at?! The exposures are looking weak).

The Church depending on the title could do ok too. It is too bad that the mountains in the background are so flat and half covered by the fog! If you had been a little more patient, I am sure the picture could have been improved when the fog burned off and there was overhead sun hitting the mountains. But, depending on what you have to work with and who you have for judges this one could merit.

OK, SO I AM JUST JOKING!!! I THINK THESE ARE GREAT AND YOU WILL DO WELL (AS USUAL) IN COMPETITION THIS YEAR! (although, I heard a rumour that NH is cancelling their print comp so you will have to wait for PPANE:eek: :D

See you soon! When are we doing lunch???

Hi Nylora,
Thanks for all of your comments, sarcastic or otherwise!! Maybe we can do lunch next week??

Now your talking! This B&G image is gorgeous. I love how the light leads you to them. Lots of detail in the dress. Stunning. (Ya think I like it?)

Mark,
You making me blush! Maybe it's the makeup i am wearing.

Jeff,

I like everything about the kitty image, except where you burned down the tip of his tail!

Don,
I will address the tail, but I didn't burn it at all!! That was how it was.

Hi Jeff;

I like them all. One part of the kitty image bothers me. The curved branch, to the right, draws me away - and it even seems to have a halo around it emphasizing it even more.

Here in Pa. we have something called the 320 club. It is an award for those who get a score of at least 80 on all four images entered in our annual competition. That came to mind looking at your images.

Craig,
Thanks so much. Last year I am proud to say that I was awarded a 6x6 pin. 6 entries go blue! That year only Jackie Haggerty, Steve Bedell and myself got that. I was pretty happy!!

Jeff

Don_Chick
02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
That year only Jackie Haggerty, Steve Bedell and myself got that. I was pretty happy!!

Jeff

Rub it in, rub it in!!! I only missed by 2 points.... I did; however, go 4x4 at National!!!

Mark_Levesque
02-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Too bad you'll not be getting a 6x6 pin this year.

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Rub it in, rub it in!!! I only missed by 2 points.... I did; however, go 4x4 at National!!!

Uhm,
Don,

You have 76 loan images. Please don't cry into my 6x6 soup ok?:)

Too bad you'll not be getting a 6x6 pin this year.

Mark,
you are right!! My images are not up to par this year, and there is no chance I will go 6x6. I did think you would be more supportive of me though.:(
Jeff

Linda_Gregory
02-08-2008, 06:38 PM
This is SOOOO bad. After meeting you guys and listening to you so much, I can HEAR your voices...and it ain't pretty! LOL!

6x6 soup. Hmmmmmm how tasty is it? I'd imagine pretty darn good. I'm still wondering not only if I can stay UP with last year, if there's any way in **** I can top it! Need more free time to go photograph!

Mark_Levesque
02-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Mark,
you are right!! My images are not up to par this year, and there is no chance I will go 6x6. I did think you would be more supportive of me though.
Well, Don isn't gonna be getting a 6x6 pin, nor is the other perennial 6x6 guy, Steve Bedell. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the example you guys are setting here. What's up with that? Take a little pride in your work, will ya?

Jeff_Dachowski
02-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, Don isn't gonna be getting a 6x6 pin, nor is the other perennial 6x6 guy, Steve Bedell. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the example you guys are setting here. What's up with that? Take a little pride in your work, will ya?

Your 5 best images!

Are these your 5 best images from the whole year???? I don't see you showing any of your images Markee Poo!

Jeff

Mark_Levesque
02-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Killjoy. :D

When I find something I'm not embarrassed by, I'll show it. It might be awhile. But I will have a full case by the end of April. Just what it will be full of at this point is anyone's guess.

JohnMalboeuf
02-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Look on the bright side, you can still go 5X5 at NHPPA. With these images, you likely will.

Title for the horses, "Fast Friends", I like it better unflipped myself.

John

Ron_Jackson
02-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Jeff I know you have been anxiously awaiting my response to your images here but I didn't want to say something without really giving them the thought they deserve. After studying each one very carefully and weighing the criteria of merit prints one at a time. I have concluded that all these images are...well...just wonderful. Good job. Lots of points in this group. More danglely things around your neck I see in your future. Don't hesitate to seek my input anytime. :) (That'll be the day! HA!)

andiegoodman
02-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Are you trying to replace Don or Steve as POY?

Just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff_Dachowski
02-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Jeff I know you have been anxiously awaiting my response to your images here but I didn't want to say something without really giving them the thought they deserve. After studying each one very carefully and weighing the criteria of merit prints one at a time. I have concluded that all these images are...well...just wonderful. Good job. Lots of points in this group. More danglely things around your neck I see in your future. Don't hesitate to seek my input anytime. :) (That'll be the day! HA!)
Ron,
Thanks for you time. I really do appreciate it. I am always grateful for the time all these wonderful pros spend helping me out. So all kidding aside, Thanks!!

Are you trying to replace Don or Steve as POY?

Just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Andie,
Thanks so much. I am pretty happy being the other guy, that nobody knows!! I don't mind a bit if it goes between Don and steve for the next 20 years. They certainly deserve it.

Jeff

Ron_Jackson
02-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Jeff with your level of work, it will be a bigger surpise if you don't go 4 for 4.

Keith_A_Howe
02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Jeff
I know you have been waiting to hear my opinion (since you were telling me to shut up everyday for a week).
You know I like the church, I would like the lions tail curled up and outward but if I were on a panel and the comments come up about the tail, I would ask them how they would go about asking the subject to kindly move his tail a bit. If if comes to that the image should be way up the chart.
Born to run - I like it both ways but I do feel that it is a bit stronger this way. My reasoning is - the lighting gives a leading line coming in from the upper left of the image, the grass gives leading lines from the upper right and the direction of the horses keeps you in to the image with room to run. To me it is your decision as the maker which way you like it better. I would be looking at it as the difference in a catagory (say a couple of points).
I like the bw bride and groom but don't feel super strong on it. I think I would be in the low merit catagory.
For what its worth.
Keith

Jeff_Dachowski
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Jeff with your level of work, it will be a bigger surpise if you don't go 4 for 4.

Ron,
Thanks again for the support.

Keith,
thanks again for the comments. It is always helpful to read them. Somtimes it take a couple of times!!

Jeff

Lori_Clapp
02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I think I would be in the low merit catagory.
For what its worth.
Keith

low merit category???? Who cares lol - I'll take the lowest scoring merit I can get! I'll take not getting laughed at! Although I guess for you pros, it might make a difference. But if you don't need your low merits, pass a couple my way!

Jeff_Dachowski
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
low merit category???? Who cares lol - I'll take the lowest scoring merit I can get! I'll take not getting laughed at! Although I guess for you pros, it might make a difference. But if you don't need your low merits, pass a couple my way!

Lori,
around here, I was cleaning under the sink, and I stumbled across 17 unused print merits. I guess I had just plum fogotten about them!!! We pros leave them around all the time. Just gathering dust....

Jeff

Heather_L._Smith
02-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I've heard they work well as placemats - especially if mounted on Styrene.

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Jeff,
Only 17??!!

I made an afghan out of mine!:rolleyes:

Keith_A_Howe
02-12-2008, 01:32 AM
I made an afghan out of mine!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. . . I reshingled my house with my leftovers! LOL!

Keith

Linda_Gregory
02-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Lori,

Let's go raid the trash cans. sheesh!

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. . . I reshingled my house with my leftovers! LOL!

Keith

ROTFLMAO!!!! I am sure you did KEITH! THAT would not suprise me at all if you did! :D

Jeff_Dachowski
02-14-2008, 01:18 AM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/dachowski/Untitled-1-3.jpg

Enough of the Nylora comedy hour!!

Seriously, any other comments on this image?

I am trying like heck to narrow stuff down soon.

Jeff

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-14-2008, 01:57 AM
hey Jeff,

you started it under the sink remember???;)

Cassandra_Sullivan
02-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Hey Jeff I love the texture and where the couple is positioned in relation to the background, but I just really wish I could see their faces more. But what do I know?

I am trying like heck to narrow stuff down soon.

Ha...and I'm scrounging around for images, even resorting to perusing 5+ year old folders containing shots from my old Nikon Coolpix...

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-14-2008, 01:58 AM
oh, and i like this image but am no wedding photographer so take it for what it's worth. I'll behave.

andiegoodman
02-15-2008, 02:49 AM
After seeing some of the images that will be entered in NH, I will just surprise everyone and not post them here for critiques. You guys would just copy them anyway...LOL.

:D