PDA

View Full Version : Retouching for Clients & Competition

Sherry_Piche
02-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Ok all. I am seeking advice from everyone here. I love to retouch, but HATE to retouch. I do not know if this is the right forum for this subject (please redirect me if it is not), but want to know what tools you all use for getting your images perfect for competion and for your clients as well as how much time you spend on an image and what type of detail you get it down to.

At our studio, we retouch all of our images even down to the wallets.

I have recently downloaded Nik Color Effects Pro 3.0 as well as Define 2.0. I am considering purchasing based on what I love about this product. Thoughts, comments, suggestions, HELP!

Sick of spending too much time retouching,

Sherry

Jeff_Dachowski
02-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Sherry,
Look into Imagenomic's portraiture plug in. It is the fastest easiest out of the box retouching plug in.
Jeff

KirkDarling
02-05-2008, 03:45 AM
Sherry,
Look into Imagenomic's portraiture plug in. It is the fastest easiest out of the box retouching plug in.
Jeff

I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy and was pretty happy with my own retouch methods, but I tried Portraiture a few weeks ago and agree that for most jobs, it's pretty quick and effective. I like the auto-masking feature and it seems to retain and replicate skin texture even when set to rather high levels.

Sherry_Piche
02-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Thanks Guys. I will definately look into that right now...

Elizabeth_Pokela
02-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Off the subject, but . . .

Kirk:

I LOVE your new avatar. What a cute smile!

Elizabeth

KirkDarling
02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I LOVE your new avatar. What a cute smile!

Circa 1961. I still dress the same as my mother dressed me.

Mark_Levesque
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Cute kid. :D