PDA

View Full Version : 3rd try possible print competition-correction

lynette_bradshaw
01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
sorry guys...i didn't see this thread when i posted this image before...Thanks to Don Chick for the idea to change the cropping on this image...don i used a brown stroke to match her skin tone...thanks for making me work to figure out how to get this vertical instead of horizontal

again, be gentle with the corrections...however i am open to suggestions...i still have this file waiting in photoshop

don i would have never thought of doing this image in this way..thank you so much for teaching me something new today

Don_Chick
01-31-2008, 07:36 PM
sorry guys...i didn't see this thread when i posted this image before...Thanks to Don Chick for the idea to change the cropping on this image...don i used a brown stroke to match her skin tone...thanks for making me work to figure out how to get this vertical instead of horizontal

again, be gentle with the corrections...however i am open to suggestions...i still have this file waiting in photoshop

don i would have never thought of doing this image in this way..thank you so much for teaching me something new today

Lynette,

You're welcome. Always glad to help fellow photographers....

lynette_bradshaw
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
don did i do it right...i know its small but does it look ok

Don_Chick
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Now you are getting into an area that's a bit subjective.... If it were mine, I might make the subject a bit bigger. But tomorrow I might like it just the way you have it now!!!

lynette_bradshaw
01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Don great minds think alike:)
I had considered doing this while I worked on it but I was trying to get it to like the one you did for me..

i have retried what do you think

Don_Chick
01-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Looking Good!!!! :)

lynette_bradshaw
01-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Thank you...

I can't tell you how overjoyed I am...I knew this image was magical and captivating...and you helped me to bring that out...

I think the title should be: Guiding Light or Towards Heaven

I'm not good at titles...what about: Heavenly Peace

Im open for suggestions...i need something to refled the spirit of this image

Julie_DeGuia
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Lynette - I like the second one you posted where she is a little bigger in the frame.

A couple things I notice on the image that take my attention away from her face. The separation between her pinkies and the rest of her hand, but I am not sure what could be done about that. And the thumb is bright and competes for attention - maybe tone that down a bit?

It is a very nice image - GOOD LUCK!
Julie