PDA

View Full Version : Request for competition critique potential

JohnHeckler
01-31-2008, 02:31 AM
Looking to see if folks think this has any competition potential ...

http://www.jthphotography.com/cl_images/public/Weddings%20and%20Engagements/full/w20.jpg

http://www.jthphotography.com/cl_images/public/Weddings%20and%20Engagements/full/w17.jpg

JohnHeckler
02-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Looking to see if folks think this has any competition potential ...

Doh! Gonna have to take the lack of response as a "no" :-) LOL

Ok, working on some others ...

DiannaAllen
02-01-2008, 01:41 AM
John, good wedding album images but don't think they'd make in competition. I'm no expert but they just don't speak competition to me.

Don't be discouraged by poor responses on here. Some members get lots of advise others of us just feel lucky when we get a couple of comments.

I don't comment many times because I don't feel qualified to. I posted one today also and only got a few comments.

JohnHeckler
02-01-2008, 01:52 AM
John, good wedding album images but don't think they'd make in competition. I'm no expert but they just don't speak competition to me.

Don't be discouraged by poor responses on here. Some members get lots of advise others of us just feel lucky when we get a couple of comments.

I don't comment many times because I don't feel qualified to. I posted one today also and only got a few comments.

I'm definitely not discouraged as I didn't really think they'd fly for comp. I do think the general lack of response is a good indication though :D LOL

I did kinda like the rice throwing one as I never seem to capture that scene exactly like I want it, but it came close ... which doesn't mean it is comp worthy however.

I just wanted to see if anyone saw potential before I spent PS time working them for comp.

I'll check out your post and give ya my 2 cents ... thanks for your comments Dianna!

Cheri_MacCallum
02-01-2008, 01:57 AM
John,
In the wedding image, one of the guests is partly in front of the groom and since I'm guessing the bride and groom here are the main subjects, this wouldn't do well for comp. Great however in the album!

On the guys, your main subject is dead center and some of the other guys look kind of awkward and uncomfortable. Once again, great for the album but not comp.

JohnHeckler
02-01-2008, 02:00 AM
John,
In the wedding image, one of the guests is partly in front of the groom and since I'm guessing the bride and groom here are the main subjects, this wouldn't do well for comp. Great however in the album!

On the guys, your main subject is dead center and some of the other guys look kind of awkward and uncomfortable. Once again, great for the album but not comp.

Yeah, they thought they were Gangstahs ;-)

Thanks for the feedback Cheri, I agree ...