PDA

View Full Version : The Lighting & Digital Tour with Jack Reznicki

Gregory_Aide
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
The Lighting & Digital Tour with Jack Reznicki

Photography & Photoshop techniques for everyone (http://www.software-cinema.com/page/ldpp).
http://prophoto.typepad.com/prophoto/images/2008/01/30/reznickipromo08visual.jpg (http://prophoto.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/01/30/reznickipromo08visual.jpg) If you have ever wanted to work with studio lighting but didn’t know where to start, or you are a pro looking for new ideas, this seminar will be perfect for you. Join Canon Explorer of Light and Author Jack Reznicki for a full day of valuable “need-to-know” information.
Topics:

Creating “Natural” Light with strobes
Basic One light Portrait lighting with live model
Histograms, Camera White Balance, and other camera essentials
Importing, Processing, and Printing files
Masking and Professional Photoshop Techniques
Copyrights & Copywrongs
Locations:

New York – March3
Philadelphia – March4
Atlanta – March6
Kansas City – March8
St. Louis – March10
Portland – March12
Irvine – March14 Cost:
$99 for a full day of informative Live Photographic training

Registration and additional information:
www.software-cinema.com/page/ldpp (http://www.software-cinema.com/page/ldpp)

(http://www.software-cinema.com/page/ldpp)
Jack Reznicki is the author of several books including "Studio and Commercial Photography - A Kodak Pro Workshop" He is honored to be both one of the original "Canon Explorers of Light", one of the original "Epson Stylus Pros", and a Sandisk "Photo Master". Jack also does Beta testing and consulting with Canon, Epson, Mamiya, Microsoft, X-Rite, Leaf digital backs, and Adobe. His clients include Tylenol, The Wall Street Journal, Hyatt, Toys "R" Us, Kodak, Canon, Epson, Reader's Digest, Crest, AT&T, L'Oreal, Playtex, Johnson & Johnson, Time Magazine, and numerous other Fortune 500 companies.

Ed_Sharp
02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I just signed up for the New York stop of the tour, looks like it should be fun.

Jack_Reznicki
02-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I just signed up for the New York stop of the tour, looks like it should be fun.

Hey Ed,

It wouldn't be any "fun". We drill a hole in you head as you walk through the door and then fill it all day long with information :eek:

See ya there.

DiannaAllen
02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey Jack , I'll miss you at the VPPA Convention the end of this month. While you are in Virginia it would be great if you had one of these day long events. I was really disappointed they were not having something along these lines at the convention. I would have made time to go then.

How many students do you need to do one of these workshops?

Ed_Sharp
02-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey Ed,

It wouldn't be any "fun". We drill a hole in you head as you walk through the door and then fill it all day long with information :eek:

See ya there.

Now if I can just find a cork to plug that hole once all the information is in there I'll be all set. Retention has always the hard part for me.:D

Tim_Babin
02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Jack, are you going to have another round in the summer or fall? This is my busy time of year.

KirkDarling
02-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Jack, are you going to have another round in the summer or fall? This is my busy time of year.

Now, Tim, you need to toddle right over to the Business section and start a thread about what you're doing to keep yourself so busy this time of the year.

Tim_Babin
02-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Well Kirk, I would love to say it is because I never have a slow season and we just cannot fit another person in. But really it has nothing to do with me. I live in South Louisiana (the other South LA) and we have a lot of dances and seniors at this time of year. They do not take their sessions earlier like up north (like Shreveport, Monroe, Jackson and Memphis). It is just too hot here. I am taking images in green clover right now.

KirkDarling
02-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Oh, yeah, I forgot--you're celebrating the end of hurricane season! ;)

Jack_Reznicki
02-11-2008, 06:02 AM

Hey Tim,

Jane Conner-Ziser is trying to put a tour together for the fall for the two of us, but not sure if our schedules will mesh. We're trying. Definitely not in the summer. I have some projects that I'm going to concentrate on then.

Jack_Reznicki
02-11-2008, 06:05 AM
How many students do you need to do one of these workshops?

This tour is beng put together by Software Cinema, so they do all the scheduling. I just show up :)

But if you have an association that can pull 100+, I can usually get one of my sponsors, like Canon or Epson, to send me.

Tim_Babin
02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Jack, I have given your name to our state organizers. I would love to see a commercial program. Pricing, paperwork, that sort of thing along with photography, I will try again.

Jack_Reznicki
03-02-2008, 03:50 AM
If anyone from OurPPA comes to any of my upcoming Lighting/Digital talks this coming week, please say "Hey" at one of the breaks.
I'll be asking at some point if there are any Forum members.
Hope to meet some avatars in person :D

Ed_Sharp
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
My profile is currently avatarlesss, but I will be taking the 5:15am train out of Albany tomorrow down to the Lighting and Digital Tour.
How far is New Yorker Hotel from Penn station?

Ed_Sharp
03-02-2008, 09:59 PM
..I should have checked the New Yorker web site before. I see it's just across the street from Penn station. I guess I won't need the GPS after all. :D

Jack_Reznicki
03-03-2008, 01:59 AM
..I should have checked the New Yorker web site before. I see it's just across the street from Penn station. I guess I won't need the GPS after all. :D

It's probably too late for you to get this, but yeah, a block away from Penn Station. Also only a block away from B&H :eek:

Jeanie_Purcell
03-03-2008, 03:03 AM
I was just getting ready to throw my arms into the air and give up (trying to figure out how to get my family where they've got to be while I'm 100 miles away)...but after reading all I have here on the forums...I'll be seeing you in Philadelphia on Tuesday!

Jack_Reznicki
03-04-2008, 02:57 AM
I was just getting ready to throw my arms into the air and give up (trying to figure out how to get my family where they've got to be while I'm 100 miles away)...but after reading all I have here on the forums...I'll be seeing you in Philadelphia on Tuesday!

Jeanie,

Please come up and say "Hey".

Ed_Sharp
03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
After attending this program I gotta give it a big thumbs up. There is something for everyone, the crowd was a mix of newbies and pros and I'm sure everyone learned some new things. For me, quite often when Jack started talking about something that "I thought" I knew, he brought something new into situation that actually made it easier to wrap my brain around.

The program starts off with some basic information about digital photography. At this point be sure to keep paying attention even if you think you have all that stuff down because chances are a new tidbit of information will suface, followed by some things you may not have considered, possibly leading to a whole new way of seeing things.

The lighting part of the seminar itself was clearly the highlight and where I had many "Ah Ha" moments or "so that's how they do that"s.

The copyright portion is a good wake up call anyone who has been putting off registering their images.

You have to be impressed with Jack's patience with students and his common sense approach to things. He makes a point of showing us how he does things, but at the same time stressing that his way is just one way and encouraging students to take the knowledge they gain and put their own spin on it in their own work. He wasn't there to give us fish, but he was teaching us some new tricks with a rod and reel so we could catch our own. The day goes by fast.

After the show I made my first visit to B&H after 20+ years of doing mail order business with them. I felt like I was in Santa's workshop. I'm still trying to stop the drooling.:D

Jack_Reznicki
03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words Ed. And glad you enjoyed the seminar and B&H.

Doing Philly in a half hour.
Onward and upward.

Angela_Lawson
03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Any chances of coming to Michigan? I promise the snow is usually gone by June. :D

Cindy_Shaver
03-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm driving over to Atlanta for the seminar on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to it. (The seminar was my Valentine's gift from my hubby!)

Cindy

Jack_Reznicki
03-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Any chances of coming to Michigan? I promise the snow is usually gone by June. :D

It's not on the schedule right now. But thanks for asking.
No snow in June? I'm worried about snow in St Louis coming up. Heard they got a big storm today.

Jack_Reznicki
03-05-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm driving over to Atlanta for the seminar on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to it. (The seminar was my Valentine's gift from my hubby!)

Please say "hey"

KirkDarling
03-05-2008, 02:19 AM
It's not on the schedule right now. But thanks for asking.
No snow in June? I'm worried about snow in St Louis coming up. Heard they got a big storm today.

They're forcasting sunny and 48 for next Monday in St Louis.

Cindy_Shaver
03-05-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't need to bring my camera for this, do I?

Jack_Reznicki
03-05-2008, 03:00 AM
They're forcasting sunny and 48 for next Monday in St Louis.

I'll take it!!

Jack_Reznicki
03-05-2008, 03:04 AM
I don't need to bring my camera for this, do I?

Nope. Just paper and pen to take notes.
Whenever we do anything where attendees take photos, it just eats up time. Lots of time. Which is a good thing if you're a presenter :D
But this tour is about getting out a lot of information. I think you'll enjoy the day.

Cindy_Shaver
03-05-2008, 03:33 AM
I'm so excited. Thanks for the info.

Cindy

David_Piet
03-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I joined ourPPA.com after attending Jack's Kansas City presentation. Fantastic event and I learned a lot! Thanks Jack! The hole in my head is still bothering me though...

KirkDarling
03-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't forget to ask Jack about clients who want the copyright.

Jack_Reznicki
03-11-2008, 11:34 PM
I joined ourPPA.com after attending Jack's Kansas City presentation. Fantastic event and I learned a lot! Thanks Jack! The hole in my head is still bothering me though...

Welcome aboard David. I think you'll like it here. Good info. In fact all the good info will help fill that hole :D

Jack_Reznicki
03-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Don't forget to ask Jack about clients who want the copyright.

Hey Kirk,

It was great seeing you in the audience. Comforting, knowing if I fell down and had to be carted away, you could have wrapped up. ;)

Hope you enjoyed it.

KirkDarling
03-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Hey Kirk,

It was great seeing you in the audience. Comforting, knowing if I fell down and had to be carted away, you could have wrapped up. ;)

Hope you enjoyed it.

I did, Jack, and as I mentioned in another thread, I was astonished by your video with the kids. I'm afraid I'm not the fun kind of guy you are, but I can see why you're in such demand.

George_Hawkins
03-12-2008, 12:38 PM
The tour is too far for me to attend. GOOD NEWS:
NHPPA booked Jack for the all day summer seminar August 10.

Come to New Hampshire: www.nhppa.com