PDA

View Full Version : Seminar

Sherylkirksey
01-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Anyone going tot he Captivated By The Light Seminar with Ed Pierce as host??????????????????????????? :D

Jo_Ann_Schow
02-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Sheryl. I will be going to the Seattle seminar on March 9. Its a great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon :)

Roger_Williams
02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
My wife and I are both going to the Peoria Illinois one. Such a deal for PPA members at just $19 per person.

Heather_L._Smith
02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Sheryl -
I went to one of the first sessions in Atlanta and ended up leaving early. I really enjoy the PhotoVision DVD's that I get, but that, essentially, is what the program was - a long PhotoVision DVD... which I would prefer to watch while sitting on my couch, not crammed into a hotel ballroom :-)

Most of what was presented was done via video, which wasn't bad, necessarily, but again, would prefer to watch it in my PJ's on my couch. For your $19 you do get two extra DVDs with additional info. Given the option, I would've paid the full $49 just to have all the info on DVD rather than make the trek to the semiar itself.

Just my opinion, of course....

Valerie_Kieselhorst
02-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Thank you Heather, that's what I wanted to know....26 miles one way on a busy Los Angeles freeway is not worth it....I am sure Marathon has good stuff too.....but my interest is more light oriented right now. So I will look for the DVD :=)

KirkDarling
03-12-2008, 02:03 AM
This is a 4-hour program, right? So is it partially lecture/sales pitch and partially video for the four hours, or is it 4 hours of lecture/sales pitch and you get a 4-hour video to take home?

Would it be worth it to pay 19 dollars, travel 45 minutes, get the DVDs and just go home?

Heather_L._Smith
03-12-2008, 02:06 AM
Kirk -
It's mostly video presentation/sales pitch (although he swears up and down it's not!). I paid the $19, drove 45 minutes, and have a great DVD set. So, yes, it was worth it to get the DVDs. I actually left early, but the DVD set I got was great. The DVD set is different from what he talks about/presents, but what he presents is actually material I had seen before (either in articles he's done or parts and pieces of videos).

Now, I saw Ed in Atlanta, which was the first city on the tour - he may have changed things up since then.

Chris_Padgett
03-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Are the DVD's similar to the Photo Vision DVD's or is there a little more to them?

Heather_L._Smith
03-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Similar - but speakers we've never seen before on PhotoVision.

MikeGeorge
04-08-2008, 07:39 PM
How do ppa members get the discounted admission price???

Thanks!

Mike

David_Piet
04-08-2008, 11:46 PM
How do ppa members get the discounted admission price???

Thanks!

Mike

Unless they changed it, you put PPA in the discount code area.

KristiSanger
04-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi Sheryl. I will be going to the Seattle seminar on March 9. Its a great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon :)

Lucky duck! I couldn't get into that one. It was sold out by the time I looked.

Kristi

Liz_Vance
04-09-2008, 01:46 AM
You can also use WHCC or PHOTOVISION for the code.

I saw the blurb for it, and at first thought all the speakers were going to be there. I adore Parker J and would have payed just to see him.

I don't know if I'm going to go or not. I don't mind the drive, but I do mind giving up my afternoon if it's something I already know. I've been to a bunch of stuff over the last year. Who's at the trade show? I like trade shows, and I can be talked into going if it's good enough. :)

Stephanie_Millner
04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
You can also use COLLAGES.

And Liz, you're going. I'm going.

Liz_Vance
04-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Then you can't abandon me to my AmEx at the trade show this time.

David_Piet
04-09-2008, 02:10 AM
The trade show was very small, maybe a dozen vendors, at the Kansas City session.

Christina_Showalter
04-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm trying to decide if I should go or not. I have a two hour drive to D.C. That is a lot of driving for a sales pitch. Gas ain't cheap!!!!! I thought the photographers would be there too...

Can you get the DVD's somewhere else outright? That may be a better deal for me.

Louise_St.Romain
04-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm going to the one in Trevose PA at the end of the month. Hoping to will be worthwhile.

Ed_Sharp
04-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I signed up a while back for the medowlands stop, but I have too much going on now to make the 3 hour trek down to NJ. I was thinking of requesting that they mail my DVDs, but I have a feeling that is not an option.

Mike I used the discount code for one of the sponsors. Just type in "westcott" or "PPA" when prompted for the code.

There is also a thread about this seminar in this forum here (http://www.ourppa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11166)

D._Craig_Flory
04-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I've received a bunch of mailings from Marathon Press about the special $19.00 PPA member's price.

MikeGeorge
04-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you everyone!

Mike

Ashley_Short
05-19-2008, 02:24 AM
My husband and I are considering making the 3 hour drive go to this seminar in Columbus this week. I've seen many different opinions, which I'm interested in, but aside from those, no one has mentioned if you get any PPA merits for attending? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Don_Chick
05-19-2008, 02:32 AM
This is not a PPA Approved Education event. This is a selling opportunity for EP.

Ashley_Short
05-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Thanks, Don. I had hopes, I guess! :P