PDA

View Full Version : Another comp contender

Cheri_MacCallum
01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Inner Iris

Ron_Jackson
01-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Cheri you realize you can kill that magenta cast by adding some green to it. That would bring the flesh tones back to normal. Nice image though. Of course I am joking with you but you already knew that. I won't comment on the worthiness of competition since I know so little but as a painting and an art piece, it's beautiful. It could also be turned 90 degrees counter clockwise for another very interesting view with the lines leading in from left to right. Either way, very nice.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-26-2008, 09:35 PM
It could also be turned 90 degrees counter clockwise for another very interesting view with the lines leading in from left to right.

Thanks Ron!
Interesting take, I'll try that and let it sink in! It's not a painting by the way!!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh my Ron, I cant tell you what that looks like now!

I'm becoming a Cheri fan!

D._Craig_Flory
01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi Cheri;

I hope the moderators don't nail you for posting an explicit image. Was the woman that color or is it tempura paint ? :D

I will ask this. What part would you say is the center of interest ? That will help determine positioning of the subject layer.

Don_Chick
01-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Be gentle to the maker.... not everyone "sees" what you see when they look at an abstract image like this.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys!!! Well, Drew told me it looks very "Georgia O'Keefe" like, I've always loved her work and didn't realize just how much I was influenced!

I will ask this. What part would you say is the center of interest ? That will help determine positioning of the subject layer.

I'm to "close" to the image, so I asked Drew. He said the yellow was the first thing he saw. The title is "inner iris". I tried flipping the image horz.to where the yellow is in the viewer's upper right third, but because of the curve and flow, the eye was lead out of the image. I'm posting here flipping the whole image horz. but I'm afraid it kills the flow...what do you think? I'm also posting Ron's suggestion.

Andrea_Chapelo
01-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Cheri, I don't know anything about competition, but I do know that this is beautiful and I like your first version best...but like I said I don't really know what I am talking about.:p

Mark_Levesque
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM
The FIRST thing I thought of when seeing this was Georgia O'Keefe. I think she'd be happy if it were her image. I think it's lovely.

D._Craig_Flory
01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi Cheri;

Especially on this image, I think that the title will be the key of whether or not it does well. If you have a title that offers some context for the panel to see what you were looking to convey I think it can do very well.

andiegoodman
01-27-2008, 12:48 AM
My choice(s) would be the first posted image and the horizontal.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Thank you everyone!!!

If you have a title that offers some context for the panel to see what you were looking to convey I think it can do very well.

Craig, it was in my original post. "Inner Iris" But after some consideration and reading these posts, I'm thinking about changing it!!! :D

Ron_Jackson
01-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Cheri thanks for trying the horizontal. It is just another interesting view. I thought of Georgia O'Keefe the moment I saw it. The flow and the colors are so much her style. It shows well the flower has such inner beauty.

George_Hawkins
01-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Cheri thanks for trying the horizontal. It is just another interesting view. I thought of Georgia O'Keefe the moment I saw it. The flow and the colors are so much her style. It shows well the flower has such inner beauty.

I'll say DITTO, emphatically! I have several images of hers in my house. I was looking for two very vertical images to fill space either side of a door with picture windows next. I found posters of those proportions, as well as about 5 more. Guess it was a stage in my life shortly after I became single, early 90's. I trimmed to just the image, dry mounted and laminated with Seal's "print guard" with a canvas texture. They are almost like looking at her canvases which I have seen many at various visits to Boston's MFA.

I used the same canvas lamination on a copy print of an oil painting of a native American Indian that my father had; long story, but the original is now in Smithsonian; we were not aware that would happen. I really want to find my Hasselblad copy neg, scan it, and output to my Epson 4000 on canvas media I just bought.

George