PDA

View Full Version : Submitting images for Certification Review

Darren_Osgood
01-26-2008, 02:40 AM
I seem to be a little confused by the whole process. Hope someone might clarify this for me. I'm trying to take small steps here, but I also am seeing that there are going to be only 1 review in 2008 and other places I read that there still will be quarterly reviews??

So I'm posting this because I don't want to have to wait a year if not necessary.

I went to certifiedprofessionalphotographer.com and read the instructions. So I went to the link provided to see what the requirements were for submitting images online and went here;

http://www.portfolios.com/members/ppashow

I used my name and login whereby I was taken to my online portfolio? Okay, so do we use our portfolio to submit images for review? If so, my portfolio says I have already used my allotted space of 5 images? If I want to submit more I have to buy more space? Yet there was a task bar that said are you done submitting your 20 images. Sorry but this is very confusing.....:p help.

Now I don't have any intention of submitting images just yet. Would like to share them through this forum in the very near future but I suppose once I'm satisfied with my 20 images to submit I do need to know the process.

Thanks in Advance. I can't believe I've been working the past 7 years without being a member. The benefit of joining, shooting for certification and attending IUSA has been an exhilarating experience in many ways.

Darren

Keely_Deuschle
01-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Hi Darren,

There are four reviews during the year for images submitted electronically. The one review you were referring to is only if you're submitting actual 8x10 prints.

On the CPP site, it will list all four review deadlines. The first one coming up is February 8.

When you are ready to submit, there is an image submission form you need to print and completed and fax, mail or email it to Marisa Pitts at PPA. She will then send you a user name and password so that you can upload your prints into the directory she provides the link for.

When you access that site with the user name and password provided, it will provide guidelines for the images. It said each image should be saved at 72 dpi resolution with a quality of 5 or 6 in photoshop and should be about 650 px on the image's longest side.

I was a little confused, too, but after I received the log on info, it helped to clear things up a bit.

Darren_Osgood
01-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Thanks a lot Keely, your information certainly answers my question in a more more meaningful way.

PS, no results as of yet!

Darren