PDA

View Full Version : Looking for comments..

GeorgeannChambers
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
I would appreciate any feedback you can offer on these images i am thinking about entering in competition. I have done minimal retouching to both. Thanks in advance.

D._Craig_Flory
01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Georgeann;

I'll come back later on the 1st image.

On the 2nd image I find a number of things which will hold it back. #1 Your top cropping is right into her hand allowing no room above. #2 The Lust for Life on the T-Shirt draws more attention than her face. #3 The separated hair makes it look like it wasn't paid attention to. #4 The mottled background needs toned way down. #5 The orange door screams "look at me". That can easily be changed to black.

I would enter it if you want to learn from the judges comments during the competition as well as at a critique afterwards. I will suggest doing this type session again and moving a good bit farther back. Have your subject looking out somewhere in the distance. The title could be something like "Daydreams About Him".

GeorgeannChambers
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Georgeann;

I'll come back later on the 1st image.

On the 2nd image I find a number of things which will hold it back. #1 Your top cropping is right into her hand allowing no room above. #2 The Lust for Life on the T-Shirt draws more attention than her face. #3 The separated hair makes it look like it wasn't paid attention to. #4 The mottled background needs toned way down. #5 The orange door screams "look at me". That can easily be changed to black.

I would enter it if you want to learn from the judges comments during the competition as well as at a critique afterwards. I will suggest doing this type session again and moving a good bit farther back. Have your subject looking out somewhere in the distance. The title could be something like "Daydreams About Him".

Craig,
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate any help I can get.
So, how much space should I have at the top? Would changing the color of the squares compromise the integrity of the image? Would the image be better if I left the color of the squares but toned them down?
Thanks again for your comments.