PDA

View Full Version : A New Image

MarilynDillon
01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
There is a state association meeting coming up in which they are going to critique images prior to thr April Convention and competition. I am new to this arena. We can send 3 umages to be critiqued. I am trying to narrow them down. Here is one that I love -- worth considering? I have posted some others in previous threads -- dont think i will be doing portraits this year unless i shoot something really fresh and new before that.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Marilyn
You have pretty good lighting here. It is difficult to photograph a black dog!!

You have a good ratio across the dogs face, as well as a comical expression. The title might be enough to carry this image into the blue ribbon range.

Just my thoughts.

Jeff

D._Craig_Flory
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Marilyn;

I agree with Jeff on the lighting. However, I see some problems. There are some shadows behind the dog which look bluish and draw my eyes. The pooch only has two paws ... the others are "amputated" which is just as bad as on a portrait of a human. And, the end of the tail is also cut off. The position of the dog is a bit too far to the right. Normally, it is best not to have a collar and tags showing.

I see this as a horizontal presentation and not a vertical. I think it would work much better that way. Here is how Im see it being handled.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/WoofEnhanced.jpg