PDA

View Full Version : Some Wacky images

Alvaro_Balderas
01-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Dear colleagues, please provide some suggestions for titles and i like also to hear your comments regarding these two images:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/abc261273/Lineassinfin.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/abc261273/Escalinatas.jpg

Lori_Clapp
01-23-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm awful with titles, and even worse at being qualified to judge or comment on images. But FWIW, I love the first one!!

Richard_Dalton
01-23-2008, 05:00 AM
1. "complex"
or "Rhapsody in Gold"

Chris_Padgett
01-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Both of these remind me of the mathematical art of M.C. Escher. Don't know if you could use his name in a title or not, but I really enjoyed both images.

Kim_Critchfield
01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
These are incredible. They make me think of math, for some reason. Maybe use a geometry term for a title.

D._Craig_Flory
01-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Alvaro;

I love them both. The first one is an excellent example of crash point symetry. I'd like to see a person posed at the apex of that design with the leading lines drawing the viewer's eyes right to them. The 2nd pose is a terrific shape ... reminds me of a fan. If you added a persom to the 1st one I can see you getting a score above 90 !!!

Alvaro_Balderas
01-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the comments.....

Hey Craig, I am glad that you liked my images.....Do you think they worth for print competition?

D._Craig_Flory
01-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Alvaro;

Of the two, I like the top one the best. I will study it some more for possible ways to present it. Or, you could do like Ron did and add a subject in Photoshop. I mentioned before how the leading lines give you a great example of crash point symetry. I think if you add a woman it will be dynamite.

I like the other also but can't find a center of interest. Maybe someone who has entered in illustrative can give some thoughts on it.

Michael_Barton
01-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey Alvaro. I'm newer to the forum, so I'll put my neck out there and make two suggestions. Before I get there, let me say these are both very interesting images that have a lot of impact. They are both images of subjects we are all around and RARELY thing about and I dare say NEVER see like this. Very cool for you to point out. A very classic example of images that have a point of view and point out how simple it is to find a beautiful image and just how difficult it is to train our brains to search! Painful! Cool. You kicked my rear with them from that perspective.

1. Contrast. Kick the contrast a LOT with these. Keep your tonal values between 10 and 235 in the process. Control where the eye is going. On the first you need to more control over what we are looking at. More contrast and punch would really tip it over the edge.

2. Easy suggestion. Make sure you are using the "inside" setting for your strokes. Your corners are not square on your strokes. That may seem simple, but that comes up quite a bit. EASY fix.

There's more, but that's a start. Those two things will make these beautiful images even more beautiful for the judges. Well played.

Irene_Lucier
01-24-2008, 01:35 AM
#1, Finite Reflection
#2, Don't Trip

GeorgeannChambers
01-25-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm a newbie and go with my first reaction.
For the first image I see "Convergence"

For the second one, nothing came to me - sorry.:cool: