PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Imaging Seal

Michael_Barton
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm sure this comes up here and there, but I'm working on my E.I. and would like to know if there are any regionals that do E.I. print judging before nationals. It would be nice to see my work judged by a full-on E.I. panel with the possibility of getting seals for a second case before nationals. I believe SEPPA does this, however I also believe they only meet every other year. Any guidance? Art-Tech judging would also be cool to see. Thanks in advance.

Keith_A_Howe
01-23-2008, 12:16 AM
SEPPA is the only EI affliate judging that I know of. Jim Dingwell could tell you for sure. PPA is no longer accepting art tech entries and there has not been an affliate regional for art tech in a few years. If you find someplace still holding art tech competition it will not be an affliate judging.

Keith

Michael_Barton
01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Hey Keith! Wow! What a quick answer! Maybe I'm misunderstanding or prehaps mis-speaking(happens about twice a minute by my count) the M. Artist Degree. Can you explain that. I see you have one. Thanks! Oh yeah, I'll drop Jim a line. Thanks for that pointer.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Michael,
the Master Artist degree has been discontinued. You can still go for your MEI, which I expect to be around for a while.

Keith pretty much has all the degrees, maybe he would consider giving it away!!:)
Jeff

Michael_Barton
01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Hmmm. I heard rumors about them getting rid of the M. Artist degree, but never heard they followed through. Drag. I guess they got rid of the API designation as well. Kind of hard to add more letter after awhile! I guess the letter "F" will have to do. That'll take a little time. Just a little. . . Drag. Thanks for the word.

Cheri_MacCallum
01-23-2008, 12:54 AM
The seppa convention is every other year, the next being in 09, but still has a print judging every year and it's pretty soon. http://www.4seppa.com/Print%20Rules.htm

Jane_Lydick_Staid
01-23-2008, 01:18 AM
I am also interested in the MEI judging. Do I have to enter SEPPA and be a member too? Or can I enter at the national level?

SO CONFUSING

Cheri_MacCallum
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
You don't have to be a member of seppa, but you will pay more as a non member. The regionals are a good place to get feedback on your prints and tweak them before sending them to ppa. Or you can just send them straight to ppa. You don't have to enter at the regional level. All the info is in the link I posted above.

Michael_Barton
01-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for all the information. A one stop shop here. Dig that. I'll read all that over.