PDA

View Full Version : print critique for competition

Jessica_Galaska
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I would appreciate any critiques or advice for a few of my prints i may enter into competition, thank you!

D._Craig_Flory
01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Jessica;

Welcome to the Forum. You will meet a lot of helpful people here.

Your images are very beautiful ... at that small size. I'd like to see them much bigger to have final thoughts on them.

Are you a Master of Photography ? If not, your images would have be 16X20 or 20X16 in competition. Proportionally, what you posted looks square on one and elongated on the other. It may be because you put the subject layers on white backgrounds ... without a darker stroke so the overall outline would be visible on these white pages.

I hope to see them bigger.

Keith_A_Howe
01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Is this the Jessica we know? Welcome to the forum!

I like the leaves, hope they are as crisp as they appear to be in this small image. crop a small amount off the right hand side, lighten slightly that dark area in the upper right and through that whole background area even more out of focus.

The bridge doesn't do anything for me. The railing creates a visual block to my eye getting on the bridge and even if I did get onto the bridge, there is nothing there for me to look at. If this is the same Jessica Galaska I know, you have better choices than this, I have seen them.

Keith

Jessica_Galaska
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM
thanks for your help guys! i will be posting a few more.