PDA

View Full Version : Road to our Future.. C&C once again

Sherry_Piche
01-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Another one I've been playing with. C&C welcome.

Thanks,
Sherry

Sherry_Piche
01-16-2008, 04:32 AM
55 views and no comments?

We're getting ready for our regionals and value all of your imput. Thoughts, comments? Does this image work? Should I throw it away?

Julie_DeGuia
01-16-2008, 06:26 AM
I am not an expert on competition but I will tell you what I see. The white bench is distracting. While they are holding hands I don't feel much connection between them and I wish I could see more of the boy's face. At this size his face is only a sliver so most of what I see of him is black.... dark hair, a black suit and dark shoes.

I do like the composition with the leading lines.

Take it for what it is worth.... I am just getting ready to enter competition for the first time this year.

Julie

Don_Chick
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Composition and leading lines are nice; however, there are some elements that (imo) will keep it out of the merit category.

Remember too that I am looking at a 3 inch print.

The couple are the primary center of interest; however there are a couple other elements competing for attention. The chair in the path draws my eye away from them. The partially out of focus tree on the left is competing for my eye too. There is a light colored "tree/branch?" from her face to the others shoulder. These elements (again imo) would keep it out of the merit category; however, if you feel strongly that this image is one of your best, then by all means compete with it. Even if you receive a red ribbon you can still promote your studio with a press release. Also, I would consider adding a darkening vignette around the image. This will darken the foreground path a bit too. Good luck, let us know how it goes.