PDA

View Full Version : Image for Competion - C&C

Sherry_Piche
01-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Calling it "Snowy Embrace". C&C welcome

Keith_A_Howe
01-15-2008, 03:33 AM
Flip the image. Too small to tell anything about the faces. Gee I wish they weren't wearing such dark colored boots.

Keith

Sherry_Piche
01-15-2008, 03:42 AM
I agree about the boots. I wish they were lighter, however, I don't think guy's like to wear light colored boots..... hummm...

Here is the image closer up (still 150 dpi), and image flipped. I like it flipped.

This was the first time I photographed in falling snow for an engagement shoot. Lighting was flat, for obvious reasons and was really looking for an environmental shot.

Further thoughts?

Sherry_Piche
01-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Keith - any additional comments or thoughts?

This print scored an 80 at our local guild tonight and received second place ribbon. Further input/comments is appreciated. Please don't be shy....

D._Craig_Flory
01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Sherry;

I really like this image ... and I love creating portraits in the snow.

They are a touch off the 4th quadrant. I would move the image layer left till they are on the 4th qaudrant.

You can add more snowflakes to cover the boots a bit more. You could also have a little more snow show on some more ... controling how much and where with a layer mask. I posted a while ago about a plugin I use for snowflakes. http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2326292826.html

I would crop off a bit of the top and maybe a little off the left.

Keith_A_Howe
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Sherry,

I would be cautious about having more snowflakes in front of the boots. You would just increase the contrast of white dots against black boots and draw even more attention to them. I am not concerned with subject placement. After all it's more or less getting them in the vicinity of the thirds not have it measured out exactly. No judging panel ever gets up and puts a ruler to see if they are positioned precisely. I would do a little work to increase the rim light on the couples faces. I am thinking this whole image nees to be darker because I am concerned it will look too light and washed out under judging lights. If in doubt get an 8x10 and view it under judging light conditions.

Keith