include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/community/includes/head_CMSPLUS.php'; ?>include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/community/includes/header_CMSPLUS.php'; ?>
By Autumn Rice
Thousands of photographers will take over San Antonio for Imaging USA 2017 and if you're planning to be there, then don't forget to pack your camera! There will be loads of great photo opportunities and we want you to take advantage of them all!
From photos with friends, to sights around the city, you'll have the opportunity to capture memorable moments all around Imaging USA. So, pull out your camera and take a picture of anything that catches your eye! And after you've captured the perfect picture, don't forget to share it with us. Tweet, snap, post, and share with the official #ImagingUSA, and your posts will be shared on large screens on site!
Need more reasons? Here are a few sights for great photos opps at and around the convention:
• Classes: There are great moments to capture photos of in classes. Snap some photos and share them with us!
• Expo: The expo will be filled with your friends, industry professionals, vendors, and your PPA Team. Grab a few folks and get a group pic of the expo action!
• The GIA's and the Award & Degree Ceremony: Snap some photos of the year's winners in their fanciest pants at these events where the award winners from the last year are recognized.
• Parties: take a break from dancing the night away and snap some pics with friends.
• River Walk: Take a ride on the San Antonio River Walk and get great shots of the city from the boat!
So whether you're on the plane to San Antonio, headed to an Imaging USA event or touring the city, keep your camera handy and capture some great moments from Imaging USA 2017 in San Antonio. Remember to share all of your moments via social media with the hashtag: #ImagingUSA
If you haven't already done so, you can still register: Go to ImagingUSA.org/Register and we'll see you soon!
By Autumn Rice
Here's a list of the top things you won't want to miss at Imaging USA 2017...
10. Be More Philanthropic... PPA Charities Celebration Saturday, Jan. 7, 8-11 pm. Kick of the festivities with the PPA Charities Celebration! You'll "cheers" all of the charitable giving from 2016 and have the chance to participate in an auction that has everything a photographer could dream about and helps a very good cause. You can also participate in the PPA Charities 5K run on Sunday.
9. Be More Connected... PPA's Closing Party Tuesday, Jan. 10, 8-11 pm. Dance the convention away at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center! Eat, drink, and be merry as we celebrate the closing of another amazing Imaging. FREE to attendees with an All-Access, 3-day pass or $60 for just the party!
8. Be More Encouraged... Awards & Degree Ceremony Tuesday, Jan. 10, 6:30-7:30 pm. It's like a fun graduation for photographers earning degrees (Photographic Craftsman, Master of Photography, and Master Artist) and awards (Lifetime Achievement, Imaging Excellence, Distinguished Service, Humanitarian Service) from 2016. This is a free event and open to the public, so attendees can bring guests to join in the celebration! Formal attire is suggested, but not required.
7. Be More Challenged... Grand Imaging Awards Monday, Jan. 9, 6:30-7:30 pm. Celebrate with friends as we honor the 2016 Medalists, Diamond Photographers of the Year, and all the elite Loan Collection artists from the most recent International Photographic Competition (IPC). Stop by to see these top photographers' works and see who gets crowned champion, earning the Grand Imaging Award!
6. Be More Creative... International Photographic Competition (IPC) Exhibit Jan. 8-10th. Get inspired to try new techniques as you view thousands of award-winning images from the 2016 PPA Loan and General Collections. Located next to the Expo show floor and open during show hours, the exhibit is free and open to the public, but you must have a badge to enter the exhibit area, and there are even PPA-conducted tours of the exhibit so you can hear all the amazing stories behind the images.
5. Be More Marketable... Stop by the Print Room Jan. 8-10th. If you're interested in encouraging your clients to purchase more printed material, this room is for you. Stop by the Print for Success Theater and join a comprehensive sales session, get information about how to price and market printed products to your clients, and show them the value of printed photography. The sessions will be held in 30-minute intervals during Expo hours. The tips provided in these sessions are sure to get your clients excited about buying printed products in no time.
4. Be More Drone Ready... Visit the Drone Zone Jan. 8-10th. Drones are the hottest new photography tool on the market, and it's important that photographers know how to use them and incorporate them in their business. The Drone Zone provides you with ample opportunity to watch drones in action, participate in demos, and learn how to legally and effectively incorporate drones into your business.
3. Be More Confident... Top Notch Education Jan. 5-10th. Need some tips, pointers, or pick-me-ups? We have your learning needs covered in every area imaginable. Throughout Imaging USA, you'll find Live Demos complete with stages, models and props, and the best speakers in the business. Expo classes are 15-20 minute sessions on product features, benefits, and more. The Coach's Corner is set up for sports and events photographers and includes portfolio reviews and 30 minutes of mentoring with a PPA photographer (first come, first served). Before the convention officially starts, take advantage of the Pre-Conference Classes: nearly 50 hands-on classes taking place Jan. 5-7, that cover a wide variety of topics including Lightroom A-Z, business workshops, certification prep, maternity posing, wedding photography, fashion photography, lighting, posing, men's portraits, commercial architecture, boudoir photography, and "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" workshops. Costs range from $129-$299 per class.
2. Be More Inspired... Mel Robbins Sunday, Jan. 8, 10-11:15 am. True inspiration! Get motivated and take your business to new heights with our keynote speaker at Imaging USA: Mel Robbins! CNN host, commentator, and legal analyst, and criminal defense attorney Mel Robbins is one of the most sought-after motivational speakers in the world. Her life experiences have helped her craft speeches that deliver business-expanding, life-changing, interactive advice to inspire change, challenge thinking, and accelerate personal and professional growth. Her book, "Stop Saying You're Fine" is a bestseller that has been translated into four different languages, and her TEDx Talk "How to Stop Screwing Yourself Over" has over 10 million views across 37 countries. She will bring her story and motivational advice to Imaging USA to help your business soar to new heights!
1. Be More Shopping-Savvy... Imaging Expo Jan. 8-10th. Basically, it's the Mall of America for photographers, featuring 600+ booths of everything from heavy equipment to small gadgets, printers, labs, service providers and BIG name photographic companies like Canon USA, Miller's Professional Imaging, H&H Color Lab, Kodak Alaris, Marathon Press Inc., ChromaLuxe, and many more! The Expo has classes, product demos, expo-only deals, prize giveaways... the kitchen sink? Maybe that, too!
We can't wait to see you at Imaging USA in January. If anything on this list sounds like something you would love to be part of, then hurry up and register! Register for Imaging USA before Dec. 8th at ImagingUSA.org/Register for the Early Bird savings OR become a member of PPA and your All-Access pass to Imaging 2017 will be FREE as a welcome gift at ImagingUSA.org/Join-Go!