As a professional photographer, you are passionate about copyright laws. You’d love to make a stand on Capitol Hill to express your concerns and represent your interests, but that’s just not realistic. So who is in your corner, fighting these important battles for you? PPA. (You saw that coming, didn’t you?).
Our Copyright & Government Affairs department keeps a watchful eye on the issues that matter most to you. They meet with congressional staff and members of the U.S. Copyright Office and actively participate in a number of coalitions that lobby for stronger copyright laws and a variety of other small-business matters, too.
If you have any questions about PPA’s position on a particular issue or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below we’ve compiled an array of articles and resources to keep you up to date on the latest news and laws that affect you and your business.
- Professional Photographers Denounce Reckless Statement of Yahoo! CEO
- Top New Priorities for Copyright Office: Orphan Works & Copyright "Small Claims Court"
- PPA Weighs In on Health Care Exchanges
- Photographers & Photography Spotlighted on Capitol Hill
- SOPA and PIPA - Don't Be Fooled
- Senate Takes Steps to Crack Down on Online Infringement
- 1099 Repeal Goes to the White House
- PPA Seeks Delay of Costly Tax Penalty for Small Businesses
- PPA Asks Congress to Crack Down on Rogue Websites
- Eyes on Capitol Hill: Continuing Efforts to Repeal the Tax Mandate
- Red Flag Rule Extended a Second Time
- PPA Tackles Health Care Exchanges
- Small Business Jobs Act Will Become Law
- Small Business Jobs Act Returns to the House
- Senate Votes No on 1099 Repeal Amendments
- Senate Returns to Consider 1099 Repeal Bill
- PPA Talks Copyright with Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator
- Senate Considers Bills Favorable to Home-Based Businesses and the Self-Employed
- PPA Joins Class Action Suit Against Google
- PPA Board Takes to the Hill
- PPA Suggests Improvements to Existing Health Care Legislation
- PPA Tells Senate: Health Care Bill Not Favorable to Small Businesses
- Photographers Stand Out in Letter Delivered to White House
- Small Business Needs Not Addressed in Health Care Bill Passed by House
- Keeping You Informed: The Health Care Debate Unfolds
- PPA Urges President to Uphold IP Laws
- Facebook and PPA Talk Copyright
- PPA Speaks at Congressional Copyright Briefing
- PPA Urges House to Look at Health Care for Photographers
- PPA Meets with President-Elect Obama's Transition Team
- PRO-IP Act Signed into Law
- Intellectual Property Enforcement Act Passed in the Senate and House
- Senate Orphan Works Bill Passes Committee
- PPA Cautious but Optimistic (Statement on Orphan Works)
- PPA Joins in the Launch of the Copyright Alliance
- 2006 Copyright Office Orphan Works Report
- PPA's Response to Orphan Works