As a professional photographer, you are passionate about copyright laws. You’d love to make a stand on Capitol Hill to express your concerns and represent your interests, but that’s just not realistic. So who is in your corner, fighting these important battles for you? PPA. (You saw that coming, didn’t you?).
Our Copyright & Government Affairs department keeps a watchful eye on the issues that matter most to you and the photographic industry in general. They meet with congressional staff and members of the U.S. Copyright Office and actively participate in a number of coalitions that lobby for stronger copyright laws and a variety of other small-business matters, too.
If you have any questions about PPA’s position on a particular issue or would like more information please email email@example.com.
Below we’ve compiled an array of articles and resources to keep you up to date on the latest news and laws that affect you and your business.
- Copyright Listening Tour Update: 11/11/2015
- What Does Published Even Mean?: 11/9/2015
- CEO David Trust to be a Panelist at Copyright Review Listening Session: 11/9/2015
- Update from Capitol Hill: 11/4/2015
- Creative Rights Caucus Update 2: 11/2/2015
- Creative Rights Caucus Update 1: 11/2/2015
- PPA to Host a Briefing on Capitol Hill: 10/27/2015
- Copyright Security: A Conversation with Congressman Collins: 9/25/2015
- PPA Advocacy Recap: 9/21/2015
- PPA Advocacy: New Update from Capitol Hill: 9/17/2015
- PPA Advocacy: Update from Capitol Hill: 9/17/2015
- PPA Advocacy: Work Continues on Washington: 07/02/2015
- Update: Drone Legislation Proposed in Washington: 5/19/2015
- PPA Advocacy: May Capitol Hill Visits: 5/13/2015
- Drone Update: New Drone Regulations Statement from the FAA: 5/5/2015
- Recap of PPA April Advocacy trip to DC: 5/1/2015
- PPA Advocacy Efforts in Washington: 4/29/2015
- Update on FAA's Proposed Drone Regulations: 4/3/2015
- Update on Arkansas Senate Bill 79: 4/3/2015
- PPA Helps Potentially Harmful Arkansas Bill Get Vetoed for State's Photographers: 4/1/2015
- Update: PPA Weighs in on Drone Regulation in DC: 2/26/15
- FAA Takes Important First Step for PPA Members: 2/18/15
- Upcoming Drone Legislation: 1/9/15
- PPA's CEO in Washington for More Talks on Drones: 11/20/14
- What Tuesday's Elections Mean for Photographers: 11/7/14
- Copyright Update from Capitol Hill, October 2014: 11/14/14
- PPA Board of Directors Back on Capitol Hill: 4/9/14
- Professional Photographers of America Fights for Photographer's Copyrights: 3/9/14